Thursday, August 16, 2012

How awful I will be.

I am going to be a horrible, awful, no good, very bad Army wife. I am not very tidy, I sleep in and am always late and I do not like a lot of sudden changes.

I am embracing the changes and trying to remember that people in their 20s are supposed to love change and adventure and unexpected twists. I need to stop being 35 and enjoy the unknown and let it roll. It still gets to me every once in a while, but I am learning to love all that will come with the 10 day notice to move to some town I have no idea of and at a date that is still up in the air.

I am not SMD, I try some days and maybe when I don't have to work as much it will get better and I can clean every day and not have to force myself to do it when I come home from work. Until then the rooms will always have something that doesn't belong in them laying around, the bathroom will have that mornings hair and makeup collection covering the counter and there will be dishes in the sink. E's room is pretty atrocious as well. There is always tomorrow right?

I am a sleeper iner and I'm late every morning. Always. If I have an appt or engagement that I have been invited to I will be on time and sometimes ridiculously early as long as these things are scheduled after 10 am. Wake me up before 5 and I can usually kick some morning butt and get things rolling and my day is good, but then I require a nap at about 2pm and will be crabby after I wake up. It's really a lose lose situation for all parties involved. Superman is not ok with lateness and I think I drive him nuts. Good thing that man loves me a lot.

E and I had a wonderful battle this morning. She would not wake up for Superman, which means I had to threaten her with taking things away. After she was awake we had issues with her actually getting dressed like I asked, that I had to comb her hair (life is rough) and that she just couldn't find the shoes she wanted to wear. Let's not mention the band aid she HAD to have on a toe ouchy from 4 days ago that is 90% healed. I love my daughter.

Love and thank the sweet strawberries that tomorrow is Friday,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm 35. hahaha

    And my rooms have things that don't belong, and sometimes they're dirty. I do the best that I can, that's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking!