Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dog tags and hair bows

While driving in the truck today Supermans dog tag that he had hung there while on leave reflected some sun and blinded me. At first I cussed it out because it hurt and I do not need to be blinded while driving a large truck in 5 o'clock traffic. On a second glance I realized I had clipped on one of E's hair flowers to it so it wouldn't get stepped on and ruined. A tear hit my eye as I thought of the combination in front of me. The two main people in my life together.

As a single mom you worry about not just how well this new guy is gonna work out for you but also how well he's going to handle all the attitude playing with Barbie in the livingroom. E has always been a guy hater and Superman told me kids were intimidated by him. So imagine my surprise when the first night they meet E sits down right next to him and they start in on a conversation. They had just clicked right before my eyes like Superman and I had done a couple weeks before. They fit.

From then on they have been perfect together. While Superman was gone all E could talk about was him jumping out of planes and how many more days until he came home. When he finally did come home on leave she could care less about her school and friends that she normally looked forward but wanted to stay home every day with him. Now since he left again its "how many days until we move?". I also get pushed away for Skype dates as she insists on telling him numerous times how she loves him. She tells me to keep her boyfriends a secret from him and he is the one she has to call when something cool happens at school.

He is just as adorable. Ya I just called rough and rugged Superman adorable but when it comes to a man completely melting when a 4 yr old girl walks in the room or answers the phone its adorable.

E is so blessed to have such an amazing man in her life for her to look up to, adore and be protected by. They have already made plans for vacations and adventures and I think they came to an understanding on which age is appropriate for her to be kissing boys and going on dates. Every girl needs a wonderful male role model and E has landed herself the best of the best.

I am so very very close to having all 3 of us together as a family like we should be! Hectic yes but oh so worth it.

Side note: they both snore when they are super sleepy.

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking!