Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lets start another one!

Happy 2nd week of April! If I countdown weeks instead of days the number isn't as big and doesn't make it seem as bad, so here we go for another 25 weeks.

I watched Coach Carter again this weekend. I stayed up until 1am to do so Saturday night (I'm old that's SUPER late). I love this movie more than I love baby fishes. My favorite quote of the movie:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Yesterday was a ton of fun with E. I love holidays with little kids. Their smiles and joy make a holiday fun.

While staying up late Saturday and then being out at my rents on Sunday (their place clears my mind) I got to thinking about relationship type stuff. After being through all that I have and watching and being there for a couple friends, I realize I have quit being a judger, you can say I have grown up a bit. I always had rules for relationships and judged anyone that went against them.  Life is entirely too short and as humans we make mistakes, even when it comes to how we feel. My new life motto is: Whatever makes you happy. If you want to run off to a foreign country for 3 months, do so. If you want to get married on a whim to a guy you've known for 3 days in Vegas, do so. Personally would I do so? Vegas, No, but a 3 month adventure does sound kinda fun. It's all about enjoying every second of every day.

Love

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking!