Friday, November 8, 2013

What I want to be when I grow up.

The age old question...
What do you want to be when you grow up?  I can remember wanting to be so many things throughout my child hood; princess, vet, horse trainer, florist, architect, accountant, and a writer. Here I am, none of them, an insurance agent. I have cuddled with the idea of going back to school a few times, but I don't want a job that bad to spend 4 years learning how to do it, then head off to an internship to spend 2 more years learning how to do it in the real world. I'm good at what I do, I (for the most part) enjoy the work and it's decent enough pay with good advancement potential. So career wise, I think I'm good, but my job doesn't define me. I am much more than a financial contribution to our home, and am more importantly a wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister and a me.




So without further ado... I want to be the greatest version of me.
Be Silly....
I want to be bring smiles and laughter to all that surround me. There should never be a dull moment and I'm usually pretty good about keeping things light and fun. I am a social butterfly that loves to be in a huge crowd of people talking entirely too loud but not caring because at that point in time the funny life story is the only thing that matters. I love seeing joy on other peoples face and if a blond moment, story or conversation with me can do that, then come on over.
Be Kind...
Triple chances come from this girl. Superman sometimes says that I am too nice to people, and he is right, sometimes I put other people before me when they have no reason to be. I will bend over backwards for a person and not expect a thing in return. Yes, it's good to not always expect a pay back and that's what friends, family and neighbors are for, but I have been known to let people walk over me and that has got to stop. Maybe I am a little too kind, but then I don't ever want to snip at someone when maybe they are having the worst day of their life and I could be that one sparkle in their day.
Be Honest...
Learning that before you can be honest with others you have to be honest with yourself was a hard lesson to learn for me. I am a people pleaser and a couple years ago it came around full circle to bite me in the ass. I let myself get so caught up in everyone else's feeling, emotions and personal gains that I forgot about myself. I was not happy with me which meant I couldn't be happy with anyone. Taking a step back and looking at myself in the mirror, checking out what I wanted, learning what made me happy was the best thing I have ever done. I know what I want out of life, love, friendships and myself. I know who I am, where I want to be and who I want to tag along. I am honest with myself and it makes it easy to be honest to everyone that I surround myself with.
 
Me; I am important, strong, confident inside and out, smart, loved and happy. I am my future and by being the best me I can be, I will be able to be the best wife, mother, friend, daughter and sister to those I love. I deserve me at my best and so do they.
 
So now I am asking you...What do you want to be when you grow up?
 
Love,
 
Jess
 
P.S. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking!