I am a huge believer in leaving the dreaded C word holiday in the month it was made for, December, so until the clock strikes 12/1/2013 I do not want to hear a word of it. MMMkkkay? Good. Now that we are all on the same page, here are 5 things that you should/need to do this November.
1. Cuddle. Do a lot of cuddling and do it so much that your kids, spouse and fur children won't come near you in fear of being cuddle again. Scare them with hugs. Did you know it's a proven fact that cuddling releases oxytocin, reduces stress and depression, makes you feel sexier and improves communication? DO IT!
2. Breath. Take in everything and anything you can that has to do with fall. Embrace the colors and the chills and only close your eyes when it's so breathtaking that you can't handle it anymore.
3. Love. Love your family, friends and neighbors. Remember what Thanksgiving is actually about and do everything in your power to remind the people that mean the world to you that they mean the world to you. Also love yourself.
4. Eat. Diets be damned grab as many pies and cookies and mashed potatoes loaded with gravy and cream and butter and EAT! Invite friends over and make them eat with you. Try new recipes so that you get to eat new things too!
5. Calm yourself. Holidays are stressful when they are really supposed to be a time to stop and enjoy all that you have in your life. Before the dreaded C word shows up take some time for yourself. Go for a walk, to the spa, hide in a corner with a book, do whatever gives you peace.
Have a wonderful weekend and a wonderful month ahead!