Monday, November 21, 2011

A half a bottle of wine down so here we go....

Hola my beautiful people! I know there's only like 5 of you and hopefully at least 3 you have missed my mindless babble.

Things have been hectic around here! Holy life changing madness. The positive? Things are actually going my way and even through all the shitty hazy bullshit I finally see the light.

Short preview: my running has fallen off the map, my wine consumption has increased, my daughter is still as firkin hilarious as ever, I am still madly in love with my job and my crazy clients, my friends have been the best ever, I'm enjoying this snow and the holidays are here (that might be my favorite).

Running is a new love, but it's kinda like that boyfriend that is great on date nights but there's just so much crap in your life it's hard to make time for him...scheduling at least 2 date nights a week.

Wine, the root of all evil. I once thought whiskey and tequila were my enemy. Nope! This damn wine has kicked my ass over and over again, maybe I'm too manly? I still keep trying though because I'm not a quitter and even though I can drink rum and beer all night and have a margarita for breakfast (I swear I've only done this once) wine will make me feel like that first drunk every time. Any suggestions or was I just raised with too many boys?

My job. My wonderful wonderful job. Raise your hand if you love your place of employment. (Whoever really did this please comment) Do I love my clients? Yes. Do I sometimes want to shake them and make them understand? Yes.  Do I love all the people I work with? No, but I think that's normal in an office with 7 women in 1000 sq ft. It's not always going to be rainbows and butterfly farts. What my boss was thinking by saddling himself a tiny office with all these women is beyond me, funny thing is he doesn't seem to know either.

Snow and holidays go hand in hand, I am very very sad for people who live in places where they don't have sweaters and scarves and snow and cold for Christmas. No sledding or snowmen, no snowball fights or freezing fingers around hot cocoa. I love the energy and gleam of the holiday season, the hustle and bustle the love and passion and even the crazy. When you stop believing in Santa the magic kinda fades away, but have a kid and all of your greatest memories come flooding back in tear filled memories of glee. Being Santa also makes you crazy because sometimes you forget that Santa is supposed to be bringing your child the hottest toy on the market and have to scramble and have a small heart attack while trying to find said present and then you spend a stupid amount on a "starter pack" because all you want is the one damn item.

Friends, right behind family are the most amazing gifts anybody could ever ask for. The ones who don't judge, who let you ramble on and on even when you make no sense and the ones that miles away are willing to kick some ass. The girls that pass the bottle of wine and poor you an extra glass, the guys that call to make sure you're still doing ok. That best friend that knows everything without you even telling her, and the man friends who put their penises away for a while and let you be one of the guys. To you friend that even if I need to cry, laugh or just be silent, you are still just as patient as day one and always answer the phone even when you know I'm about to be a drama queen.

Miss E, my wonderful little mini me, who every day inspires me to be a much better mommy and person. She gives every moment a little more hope and every tear a little more meaning. Never without a cunning little comment and a sweet new song.

Cheers to being back to the blog world! (I promise I will hang around more often).

Love and peppermint sticks <3

Jess

P.S. This girl has a blog that puts mine to shame!! So here's a plug for the wonderful Granny :-)
http://shauniisagranny.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking!