Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength." Betty Friedan

Most mornings are the same around here; same hair, same time, same path to work.

After dropping E off at school a couple days ago, I drove past something that made me smile.

A lady in her 60s riding her bike, long grey hair, a hot pink bike helmet and the icing on the cake...tassels on her handle bars. I haven't had tassels on my bike since I was 7 and now Im highly jealous of this older woman and her tassels. She isn't afraid of being young at heart, Im sure people think she's nutso for having tassels but to me it shows that she is still puddle jumping, cartoon watching, bubble blowing fun that we all need to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking!